It's been pretty quiet around here lately. Today you're going to find out why.
If you've followed my articles, you know I've spent a lot of time reviewing hosted online course platforms (like Thinkific and Coach), Learning Management System (LMS) plugins and talking about online course technology.
Starting today you won't see any new platform or plugin reviews on the site.
Why am I making this change?
Because technology is a distraction.
Course platforms aren't what's holding you back.
- A course platform isn't going to launch your website.
- A course platform won't create your content.
- A course platform won't guarantee that your course sells.
Instead of talking about technology, it's time to focus on the things you need to create a profitable online course that changes lives.
That would be:
- An audience and email list (so you have someone to sell to).
- Validation of your course topic (so you don't launch to crickets).
- Knowledge of Instructional Design methods (to create a course that gets results).
These are the steps all of my successful clients take. I want you to be successful too, so starting today, you will only see me share content on those three areas.
What to expect from me going forward
I'm not here to sell you trendy tactics, pretty platforms, or passive income tales.
My goal is to teach you everything I know and help you create profitable online courses that change lives.
You can expect to see changes on the site over the next month or two as I work to make sure the content here supports that mission. Some changes have already happened. For example, the LMS guide is no longer on the homepage.
Here's a peek at what's in development over the next couple months:
- An on-site assessment to help you get the exact info you need depending on where you are in your course journey
- A Zen Courses YouTube channel
- The fall relaunch of Jumpstart Your Course
- and more
What does this mean for you?
After reading this, if you're thinking 'Nah, I'm looking for passive income tales and tech tips,' I'm probably not the best fit for you.
No hard feelings. There's no shortage of Internet personalities that focus on those areas.
On the other hand, if this new direction sounds like your jam, we're gonna be online course BFFs!
If you want to be the first to know about newly launched content that reflects this new direction, join my mailing list.
(Zen Courses family ALWAYS gets first dibs on every resource I create.)