You may not know this about me, but I love to DJ.
One of my heroes is DJ Jazzy Jeff. Every year, he hosts Playlist Retreat, a group retreat for musicians of all experience levels. The common thread for all of the guests is music, but there's something else...
Many of them have hit a plateau in their career. In other words, they're stuck.
Jazzy Jeff started Playlist Retreat because he couldn't stomach the thought of someone staying stuck & not creating their thing.
We have that in common. If there’s one phrase that I hear over and over from course creators, it's:
But what does “stuck” mean?
- It might mean you have a course outline but don’t know how to turn it into actual content.
- It may mean you’re overwhelmed with client work and want to turn your service into a course but don’t have time because, well, you’re overwhelmed with client work.
- It might mean you want to apply Instructional Design to improve your existing course but need help.
Sounds like you’re not just stuck, you’re busy...
...working with clients.
...juggling the responsibilities of your job.
...spending time with family (whilst squeezing in a few hours for self-care).
Look, I get it--you’ve got a lot on your plate.
But, you know what?
It’s time to get unstuck and finish your damn course!
Over the past few posts, I’ve been sharing learning tips with you (and I’ll be sharing more coming up), but none of those tips matter if you don’t put them into action.
You’ve been working hard to figure all this course stuff out on your own.
How’s that working out?
If the answer is great, feel free to close this window keep doing what you're doing.
But if you’re still reading, let’s be honest: working alone isn’t working.
That's why I created Finish Your Damn Course!
Finish Your Damn Course! is my new group program for serious course creators. It kicks off in mid-September.
Finish Your Damn Course! will help you:
- Validate that your audience wants a course on your topic--and that they'll pay for it--before you create it
- Apply Backwards Design and other learning strategies to develop a meaningful course
- Create a Learner Journey Map to identify your learning goal and obstacles in your content
- Organize your course content in a way that makes sense for your learners
- Implement advanced learning strategies to keep your learners engaged and motivated
- Create course activities that encourage students to take action
- Create a marketing plan that fits your selling style and your audience
A few things you should know:
- This is a pilot run
- The program is limited to 7 spots so I can give everyone equal attention. (I’ve sold 2 spots already.)
- The price will increase significantly in 2019 when it's officially launched (For reals. Fake scarcity isn’t my thing.)
- This program isn’t for everybody.
Truthfully, there are two types of entrepreneurs who say they want to finish their course:
- Those who roll up their sleeves, seek guidance, and surround themselves with people who have similar goals.
- Those who get stuck in analysis paralysis, try to DIY everything, and never escape the planning stage.
If you're in love with perfection and aren't ready to get out of your comfort zone, this program isn't a good fit.
But if you're serious about finishing your course (and growing), click here to learn more.