Most business owners, create their online courses in-house.
After a packed day running your business, then carving out time for family, you finally sit down at 11 PM with a mind-map and a cup of tea (or wine--hey, no judgment) to plan your course content.
After a few hours, you head to bed and get up early the next morning to do it all again.
Rinse and repeat until your course is complete.
And that’s exactly where the trouble starts.
Because you’re what we call the subject-matter expert. But you're also the CEO.
- Experts are great at outlining what should go into a course. But you're too close to the material to recognize the gaps.
- CEOs are great at mapping out the marketing strategy. But because you're juggling too many balls, you end up dropping one.
This road only ends in blindspots and burnout.
Ignore the blindspots in your course and you can look forward to a few things:
- students asking the same questions over and over
- drop-offs early in the curriculum
- lack of engagement
- a lively community but very few students who get results (aka the happy hour course)
All of this results in re-work months down the line when you realize something is off.
Guess it’s back to those late-nights and mind-maps...
It's time to get off the merry-go-round.
When you partner with me, here’s how it works:
- We begin with a call to see if we’re a good fit.
- If so, we set a project kickoff date, sign a contract, and you pay for the package.
- During our first project meeting, we discuss your business goals
- In the next meeting, I’ll ask key questions about your audience to complete your learner profile
- In our third meeting, we discuss your course content and how your learners interact with it, to find gaps.
- Afterwards, I review all of your existing course materials and create a full course blueprint with suggested outcomes, course structure and feedback on your content.
- Finally, I deliver your course blueprint, along with recommendations, additional product opportunities, and marketing suggestions.
Measure twice, cut once.
I'm currently accepting 5 new clients for 2018.