Who's behind Zen Courses?
Hi, I’m Janelle Allen. I've been designing online courses since 2008. By trade, I'm an Instructional Designer, which means I study how people learn and create courses based on proven learning psychology & strategies. I've designed courses for colleges & universities, corporations and small businesses.
In 2015, I shut down my multi-six figure course design agency and decided to pivot to serve entrepreneurs and mid-size businesses: thus Zen Courses was born.
My mission is to help entrepreneurs like you make actionable, learner-focused online courses that change lives.
How I Can Help You
I'll help you in three areas:
- growing your email list
- validating and creating your first course
- improving learning results in your course with advanced Instructional Design strategies
On top of that, consider me your crash-test dummy for online courses, spending time testing learning strategies and tools so you don't have to.
How I'm Different
There are a billion people trying to sell you on online course creation. So you're probably looking for receipts right now. Here you go.
The bottom line is this: I won’t try to sell you on how you can make a gazillion dollars by spending 4 hours a month creating an online course.
My goal is to help you create profitable online courses that change lives.
Janelle Has Been Featured In
Want to be part of the movement to make better online courses?
SIGN UP BELOW TO JOIN THE ZEN COURSES family
More ways that Zen Courses is Different
- You'll learn from experts - Learn how to organize, create and build your course from entrepreneurs like you who've made successful, profitable courses. Every week I host the first podcast by and for online course creators, The Zen Courses Show, where I delve into the courses of successful entrepreneurs like Corbett Barr, Courtney Sanders, Sarah Selecky and Brennan Dunn.
- You'll learn how to make a course that changes lives - Get tips & tutorials on how to create action-based content that will improve student learning, boost your authority and increase your profit.
- You'll learn how to be a successful instructor - Learn the psychology and strategies to increase engagement and motivation in your courses.