Welcome to episode 051 of The Zen Courses Show! My guest for this episode is Len Markidan, Director of Marketing over at Groove, a help desk company.
The team at Groove recently created their first course...and sold out in 5 days! In this interview Len shares why a help desk SaaS company decided to create an online course and what it took to make it happen. Ready?
In this episode You'll Learn:
- Why content marketing is important…and how Groove rebooted their content marketing strategy
- Why you should focus on helping your customers grow
- Why it makes sense for SaaS companies to create online courses
- How to get past your fear of marketing
- Tips for staying productive so you can get your course done--even with a day job
- How to know how much content to include in the course
- The #1 marketing channel Groove used to sell their course
- Strategies to keep your email list engaged
- Why you should create obstacles for people to sign up for your course
Sites & Tools Mentioned
- Groove’s case study for their course launch (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Groove's course, Content Marketing Mastery
- Coach - a new platform for hosting your online course (aff link)
- Price It Perfect - An online course to help you create the perfect pricing strategy for your courses
Enjoy this episode?
If so, please leave an honest review for The Zen Courses Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews help the show's rankings. Plus, they help me improve the show so I can bring you more value.
If you have any questions, shoot me an email at hello [at] zencourses [dot] co. I read every email and I'd love to read yours.
And, finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. If you have an Android phone, you can subscribe on Stitcher.
Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to Len and everyone at Groove for sharing their story with us!