Welcome to another episode of The Zen Courses Show! Today’s guest is Alison Crosthwait. Ali is a psychotherapist and the founder of The Good Therapists, a therapy blog.
This episode is a special one because Ali is also a former client. She hired me to help her create her first online course. In this episode, she shares what she thought she knew and what she learned along the way. Enjoy!
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- Why she left a corporate career in finance to become a therapist
- Why she decided to create a new model for how we understand therapy
- How she designed her course to deal with boundaries, privacy and other sensitive topics
- Why revenue isn't her biggest focus (and what is instead)
- Her process for creating a course that’s focused more on emotional transformation than practical skills
- How she engaged her audience before she built her course (and how it changed her plans)
- The advantage of starting with a beta or pilot course
- Her experience using Thinkific and her thoughts on the future of LMS platforms
* = partner link
Enjoy this episode?
If so, please leave an honest review for The Zen Courses Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews help the show's rankings. Plus, they help me improve the show so I can bring you more value.
If you have any questions, shoot me an email at hello [at] zencourses [dot] co. I read every email and I'd love to read yours.
And, finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. If you have an Android phone, you can subscribe on Stitcher.
Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to Ali for sharing her mission with us on The Zen Courses Show!