Welcome to another episode of The Zen Courses Show! My guest today is Brent Weaver from uGurus.com.
Brent is the co-founder of uGurus, an online business school for web professionals. They create online courses, mentor programs and other online learning products to help web professionals lead better lives.
In this episode, he shares the story behind uGurus and how they created their flagship online learning program, $10k Bootcamp.
This episode is especially valuable for anyone with expertise in an area who wants to transition from services to products. It’s also perfect for small business owners with a team who want to add online courses to their business model. Enjoy!
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- Chickens, side-hustles and why you shouldn't play Monopoly with Brent
- How uGurus went from a side project to a full-time business
- Why self-paced courses are limiting
- The one metric that matters (hint: it’s not sales)
- Why you should do customer development before you teach
- Why you should vet customers for high-cost, high-value programs
- The key differences between creating a hybrid, instructor-led program versus a self-paced course
- Why you should invest in the strategy behind your course before you create it
- The waterfall approach versus the spiral approach to learning
- The #1 marketing tactic to use before you launch your course
- $10k Bootcamp
- Zoom (for video conferencing)
- YouTube Live Streaming
- Understanding By Design - Classic book on course design (aff link)
Enjoy this episode?
If so, please leave an honest review for The Zen Courses Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews help the show's rankings. Plus, they help me improve the show so I can bring you more value.
If you have any questions, shoot me an email at hello [at] zencourses [dot] co. I read every email and I'd love to read yours.
And, finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. If you have an Android phone, you can subscribe on Stitcher.
Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to Brent for sharing his mission with us on The Zen Courses Show!